Monday, May 18, 2009

My iPod


I listened to my iPod to and from work today. I do that occasionally, to prove to strangers that I'm cool. Assuming you think Billy Joel, ELO, and The Cars are cool.

Music always puts me in a good mood--it's fun to have a soundtrack to your life. Everything plays like a movie scene. Try walking down a New York street listening to "What I Like About You" by the Romantics. Titles start appearing over people's faces. Life is a montage.

I was listening to "Carol" by Chuck Berry when I turned on to our block on the way home from work. I could see Samuel in front of our apartment, skating around on the sidewalk in his Heelies with two neighbor girls. His long, John Lennon-like hair was blowing in the wind, and I decided right then and there that he doesn't have to cut it if he doesn't want to. He can grow it down to his ass if he wants to. Just seeing him happy makes me happy. Rock and roll is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment