Saturday, March 17, 2012

Business trip


Just got back from a trip to Seattle.

I'm different than most business travelers.

My dream is to someday sit in a row with a sleepy mom with an infant in her lap and a toddler in the middle seat. And I tell the mom, "You can sleep the whole flight, I'll keep them entertained." And the toddler and I draw and play games and read books, and the baby falls asleep in my lap without crying or needing a diaper change.

That is some exhausted mom's dream, too, but it's not the kind of seat assignment you can request without seeming creepy or psychotic. Let alone the part about the baby not crying or needing a diaper change.

In any event, I sat next to a person whose arms hung four inches over the armrest.

Glad to be home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment