Thursday, May 3, 2012

No chocolate today: the aftermath

It was tough, and I only survived the 10-11pm hour last night by eating some potato chips, which are not exactly health food, but contain neither chocolate nor sugar. I'm up to 36 hours and counting with no chocolate. I'm still alive, as far as I know.

I've decided to go another 24 hours, which is a super-human feat that not even David Blaine would attempt, but I've reinterpreted my rules to allow for moderate-portioned sweets, just not chocolate specifically. I still think I'll come out way ahead on the calorie count unless I lose control and scarf down the Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos and Dulce de Leches that are staring at me from across the desk. But I am strong. I have the willpower of...of Lance Armstrong. And I'm not even on steroids. (I'm ethically opposed to needles. But I digress.)


Let me just put in a plug here for Taco Bell Cinnamon Twists. Were you aware that they're only 170 calories per bag? And that includes licking up the sugar and cinnamon at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment