Monday, February 3, 2014

Non-Super Bowl news


How about an update on my hernia surgery, since no one in my family has asked?

It's been almost four weeks. My gut is flabby from lack of exercise, and my face is fat...but I started running again. On Friday I ran a full 3 miles in the park at 7:15 pace and felt okay. Today I decided to push it a bit and wondered why I was so winded in the first mile until I looked at my watch and realized I was running a 6:20 pace. So that's a good sign. No pulled muscles and no groin pain. I think I'm going to survive.

More exciting news...


We actually dragged Samuel and Ethan out of the apartment Saturday night. We went to see a movie in the Village. Their friends Lindsey and Brooke joined us.

Unfortunately we saw "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty," which kinda sucked. I wonder if when Ben Stiller saw the final cut, he said, "It looks AMAZING! It's gonna be a blockbuster! I am SO psyched!" Or if he said, "Well, what the heck, it's done."

The other thing I did this weekend was write. My goal this year is to write one new manuscript a month. That means I failed my first deadline. But I'm halfway done with one called "The Ninjas 'fore Christmas." (Don't steal that, okay? It's going to be my perennial holiday seller.)

Okay, time to walk the dogs, then spend 15 more minutes on the manuscript next to Jennifer while she watches "Freaks & Geeks" on Netflix.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know you had surgery, Dearest. Heavy lifting? Glad to hear good news in the aftermath. Have you tried reading the real "Walter Mitty" recently - I read it to the fam some years ago. The language doesn't exactly roll off the tongue - a bit archaic - but the scenes are so priceless. It would be fun to see the first movie version with Danny Kaye - he's a favorite of mine. Can't imagine what mess corporate Hollywood has made!

    ReplyDelete