Monday, May 5, 2014

LA, part 1: I love LA


I was hesitant about making this trip. I arranged a few months ago to speak on a panel at a digital media conference in LA, and I was looking forward to it at the time. Then I got laid off, and it was no longer a company-paid trip.

But I decided I should go anyway...pay my own way, do the panel, meet and greet.

I got in at 5pm, picked up a dozen donuts, and drove with eleven of them to my sister's house in the Valley. We had dinner, I played with the kids and dogs, then went to sleep on a dog-hair-covered sofa. Much like being at home.


The next day we were up at the crack of dawn for an all-day excursion to Disneyland. Even at $92 it's still the happiest place on earth.


Splash Mountain completely terrorized my poor 8-year-old niece, Addie. But she loved the Dumbo ride. Ryan loved the Matterhorn.




One more night on the dog-hair-covered sofa, then off to my conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment