Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Ethan Saturday


This is actually a good picture of Ethan, because when you look at him, this is generally what you see.

Jennifer is in Illinois this weekend visiting her parents, so it's just me and the boys.

Ethan and I had a high school admissions interview yesterday--one person interviews him while another interviews me. It's like on "Law & Order" where they interrogate the suspects separately.

He's got nine schools on his list: four public, one specialized public, and four private. Don't ask--it's a complex process involving Nobel Prize-winning economists and game theory. I believe there's a 99.9% chance that he'll go to high school somewhere. So we're not stressing about it.

Last night Samuel went to a movie with friends, so Ethan and I had a sushi dinner at Haru.

Yeah, he spent a fair amount of time playing a game on his phone, but it gave me a chance to check the scores in the Iowa-Michigan State wrestling dual. We got plenty of time to talk--about high school, politics, philosophy--things we don't talk about on a regular basis.

He's a good guy to be around. He's a good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment