Friday, March 20, 2009

Ethan


Got back into NYC at 1am yesterday morning. Was too tired to even look out the airplane window to check for flocks of geese.

This morning Jennifer and I had a meeting at the school. Apparently Ethan has been doing some inappropriate things. (See illustration above.) I'm hoping this will be one of those little incidents that we look back on in 20 years and chuckle fondly, rather than shake our heads sadly and say, "That was the turning point."

It was definitely uncomfortable sitting in the meeting next to Jennifer, both of us knowing full well that she never did anything like this in her childhood.

Right now I'm putting Ethan to bed; he's asleep next to me. Right before he fell asleep he asked me to put my arm around him. He is a sweet, vulnerable rebel. He'll turn out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment