Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy birthday, Ethan


3/7/01
Our little baby boy (#2) was born one hour ago. He doesn't have a name yet. He came two months early. He weighs 4 pounds,9 ounces. We haven't talked to the pediatrician yet, but the doctors in the delivery room were optimistic. They said he looks about as good as a 31-week-old can look.

3/7/09
Dear Ethan,
I love so many things about you that it is difficult to know where to begin. I love the fact that you draw fantastic turtles. I love the fact that you hum when you are happy, and sometimes you don't even realize it. I love the fact that you make up entire songs. I love the fact that you are joyous and creative and full of energy and very smart. I love the fact that you are nice to other people. I love the fact that you are determined to earn new Tae Kwon Do belt colors.

I love to wrestle with you. I love to hear you laugh. I love to hold you at night when you get scared. I love to see you get excited about something. I love to see you learning. I love to listen to you talk about what you did today, and how much you hate school and your evil teacher and the horrible things they make you eat for lunch just to torture you.

I have always loved you, and I will always love you, forever and ever, no matter what.

I hope that someday you take those 2 extra months of life that you were given when you were born early, and do something wonderful for the world with them. You have already made my life more wonderful than anyone deserves a life to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment