Sunday, May 27, 2007
Tarpley's Law of Thermodynamics:
The introduction of an object into an apartment of fixed square footage requires the simultaneous removal of an object of equal mass. Otherwise apartment will eventually resemble that of crazy Aunt Harriet, who passed away at 90, leaving an estate of $159 in pennies, $713 worth of candles, and 1,236 rolls of toilet paper.
Jennifer excels at introducing new objects into the apartment. So while she is in Illinois this weekend for her nephew's graduation, it's up to me to make sure the universe gets back into whack by paring down our inventory.
Here is a partial list of items removed so far:
- Spider-Man Hover Disc with a hole in it.
- Bob the Builder play tent.
- 10 pounds of assorted bed sheets and bath linens, circa 1990-95.
- 8 pounds of size 3 & 4 kids shirts, shorts, pants, and pajamas, including a pair of size-3 shorts with the tags still attached. (Ethan is 6.)
- Assorted half-used tubes of toothpaste, shampoo, teeth whitener.
- 10 tiny pieces of 10 unknown toys, from unknown time period.