Saturday, October 13, 2007

Happy Birthday, Donna


My Aunt Donna is what you'd call a trooper. Every year she hosts the entire extended family for Thanksgiving, and every year we all tromp through her house for a day or two, eat all the food in the house, dirty all the sheets and towels, track mud across the floors, then depart with full bellies and a merry little, "Thanks for everything."

If she secretly harbors any ill will over this grossly unfair arrangement, she's extremely good at hiding it.

As my way of "giving back"--note the quotes--each year I produce a video featuring every family member. The only rules are that the video must be written, shot, and edited in less than 8 hours, and it must be just inappropriate enough that Jennifer refuses to let me post it on You Tube, which is why I haven't yet scored that gig with Comedy Central.

But tonight I'm able to give you a glimpse of the range of roles that Donna has taken on over the years. Truly spectacular.

Happy Birthday, Aunt Donna: you are the greatest.

Roll tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment