Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sesame Street


Today is the 40th birthday of "Sesame Street."

I almost got a job with Sesame Workshop a few years back, and I still wish I had. I would've spent the past few years making digital media for kids instead of digital media for Wall Street traders and trade show exhibitors. (Not that there's anything wrong with that. God knows I'm a big, big fan of employment.)

Frankly, I wouldn't have been a perfect fit for "Sesame Street" personality-wise anyway.

I love toddlers, but in more of a let's-get-all-hyped-up-on-sugar-and-jump-in-a-ball-pit kind of way. Talking about feelings? Not so much.

I would like to have worked on the show in 1969, with Jim Henson. But, alas, I was pretty busy with kindergarten at the time.

In any case, I'm a fan of idealism, and creativity, and innovation, and passion, so I'll always root for "Sesame Street," and I wish them well.

BTW, here's my favorite skit of all time, from the glory days...

No comments:

Post a Comment