Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday photo


This year's theme began as "Leave it to Beaver." I got the costumes (plaid shirts), the background image (the Cleaver house), we did the photo shoot, and I put together the rough composite.

I showed it to Jennifer that night and I said, "You know, it's fine, but I'm not sure it's zany enough. You know, like it needs a DeLorean in the driveway or something."

So Jennifer went to sleep and I stayed up looking at photos of the '50s on the Internet. I had a Eureka moment at about 1:45am (very dangerous), and typed in "Back to the Future Lyon Estates" in Google image search...

Do you remember this scene from the movie?




Well, I'm not sure many people are gonna get it, but...it's definitely zanier. What do you think?


It'll be at tarpstreetjournal.com with the holiday newsletter in another week or so. I'm pleased with myself.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I totally love it! Even if they're not obsessed with the movie, they'll think it looks like a great 50s advertisement. Great Photoshopping!

    ReplyDelete