Sunday, March 25, 2012

Procrastination

I'm having a difficult time finishing revisions to a manuscript. I was hoping to finish last weekend, then this weekend. And despite spending a good 6 hours on it, off and on, I'm just not getting it right.


But I did manage to procrastinate by buying this guitar, even though I don't play the guitar.

Okay. See, Samuel and I were walking the dogs last night, and I said, "You know what would be cool?"

He said, "What?"

I said, "If we could play the guitar intro from Johnny B Goode. We could go into a guitar store and casually pick up a guitar, and just play like eight bars, and everyone would go, 'Whoa.'"



He said, "And what if they asked you to play something else?"

I said, "You'd just play the same thing again and hope they didn't notice."

So we come home, and I still can't get the manuscript right, and it's 10pm, then it's 11pm, and finally I decide to type in "Johnny B. Goode guitar solo" on YouTube, just for a 5-minute break.

And by 2am I owned a new guitar. Funny how that works.

I didn't tell Jennifer yet, so let's keep it between us for now.

1 comment:

  1. wow best of luck though!
    i'm a big fan of your blog and if you could come to mine a leave a comment or two i'd be forever grateful! <3

    ReplyDelete