Sunday, November 6, 2016

Exhale and move forward


There are a few stressful things going on in my life at the moment, and I won't bore you with details, but I needed some time and space to clear my mind and exhale.

I spent the weekend at a writer's retreat in upstate New York. I saw some old friends and colleagues, got away from the rest of my life for a little bit, and just enjoyed the part of me that's a children's author. That's the part of me that is optimistic and idealistic, that believes in kindness and laughter and unconditional love. It is the well-lit side of my soul. I want the whole world to be that world.



The human heart is fragile. We need the things that anchor us to this earth to continue to anchor us to this earth. 

I am grateful, and I vow to move forward with an open heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment