Saturday, November 11, 2006

Blog Jr High

Blogging is like 7th grade. Your two biggest fears are:

1) What if nobody notices me?

2) What if somebody notices me?

According to the recent estimates, there are currently 47 billion active blogs on the Web*--which means every man, woman, and child on the face of the earth is writing something like 10 blogs each, on a daily basis.** If all the blogs for just one day were printed out and placed end to end, they would reach all the way to Rutherford, NJ!***

That's really mind blowing, and if my older brother were here he'd probably put on some Steely Dan and light up a bong and ponder it.

(*I just made this number up, as I don't really have time to do a lot of research. But I know there are a LOT.)

(**I'm actually not even sure this number is correct, but anyone taking the time to look up the world population and do the math would still, I'm pretty sure, come up with an equally impressive number.)

(***This one is not as impressive, given that the starting spot is Manhattan. Apparently most blogs are quite short.)

Tomorrow: why are all blogs simply about other blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment