Friday, June 11, 2010

My book is out


It came out yesterday and immediately rocketed up the charts to #60,843 on Amazon before settling back to a somewhat less impressive #252,440. Apparently a few books sold during any 24-hour period moves you past quite a few others. And vice versa.

Interestingly, Amazon now says "only 4 left in stock--order soon (more on the way)." If it's almost sold out but only ranks #252,440, that's not good, is it? It means they ordered, like, 6 books. And 2 of those orders were from me. And the other 4 were almost certainly from my mom.

Even worse, I walked over to Barnes & Noble on 82nd & Broadway, and they said the book has not yet arrived in any B&N stores in Manhattan. Jeeze.

The good news is that my mom emailed me a photo of the book on display in Maria's Bookstore in Durango, Colorado. So that's the first official sighting.

More to come.

1 comment: