Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Serendipitous Roadtrip


I picked up Samuel, Ethan, and their friends Maya and Zoe from school today. We had planned on going to Mars 2112 to celebrate Maya's 10th birthday since we'd missed her party this summer, but it was closed.

So we decided to ride the tram to Roosevelt Island instead, but when we got there we discovered it had been closed since March.

Grrrr.

We ended up at Serendipity 3, where we stuffed ourselves with hot fudge sundaes and frozen hot chocolates.


We worked off our calories by walking all the way back to the Upper West Side via Central Park.




If you were to ask me why I love New York City, I would say, "This."

2 comments:

  1. Is Serendipity 3 the same place where we saw Brooke Shields, or is this another location? The one I knew was near the Roosevelt Island tram; why "3?"

    Your story makes me love NYC, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Summer 1980. And what was she doing out so late on a school night? Brooke will always be my Endless Love. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete