Monday, December 31, 2012

Cooper Kit

I'm not a big shiller for products--unless they happen to be my own, in which case I'll make an exception. It's not that I have ethics; it's that no one reads my blog anyway, so why pretend to have viral influence that I don't actually have?

But it's the holiday season, so let's suspend disbelief and pretend that I do.

I was sent something called the Cooper Kit right before Christmas--it's a "dad kit" that you subscribe to, and once a month a big box comes to your home, and it contains cool stuff that your kid opens and gets all excited about. The theme of the first kit was "How Things Fly"--it contained, among other things, a catapult, a flying-themed picture book, a tiny paratrooper, and...I'm blanking now, but did I mention the catapult?



Samuel and his friend Lindsey opened the kit in the middle of the living room. They both said, "Cool! A catapult!" and spent the next thirty minutes building the catapult and ignoring everything else.

So...feedback to Cooper Kit: the catapult is a big winner.


Last bit of the pitch: Cooper Kit is trying to raise money. They're using a web site called Kickstarter, which allows people to contribute. They've set a goal of raising $22,000 by, um, tomorrow night. Right now they have--well, less than that.

Suffice it to say that if the fifteen people who regularly read my blog each contributes a mere $1,000...they still won't hit their goal. But they'll be closer.

Anyway, thumbs up from me--it's a great concept and well executed. I hope they succeed. Here's the link.

1 comment:

  1. Further proof that boys relate well to gadgets that represent danger, battle...war.

    ReplyDelete