Saturday, January 26, 2013

Writing day


I had lunch yesterday with my agent, Rachel, to go over our game plan for the next few months. We've got a couple of picture book manuscripts out to editors and are waiting to hear back.

In the meantime, she's encouraging me to try my hand at some middle-grade, young adult, and even adult this year. We're going to start with "Wrestling for Gable," a manuscript I adapted from my blog of the same name--which was itself adapted from journal entries I kept during my four years at Iowa. We sent out a version last year but it was rejected by the two editors we sent it to. So I'm polishing it up this weekend for another try. (That's the adult book, by the way.)

I'm having a hard time concentrating on it because I'm also listening to the Iowa/Minnesota match on the Internet. But it's a good kind of distraction.

Samuel, Ethan and I have been talking for several years about writing a humorous chapter book set at a water park. So that's next on the agenda.





No comments:

Post a Comment