Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hottest female singers of the '70s

I was trying to distract Jennifer the other night by playing an ABBA video on YouTube. It worked. She stopped what she was doing and started singing along.


She then made the comment that the lead singers were "pretty hot." (The women, not the chipmunk-looking guys.)

I told her that I was uncomfortable perpetuating society's obsession with physical beauty by participating in a discussion about "hotness" (and furthermore, that I didn't appreciate the low-angle shots that revealed way too much of the performers' upper legs).

"But," I added, "if someone really shallow were to compile a list of the 'hottest'--as you say--female singers of the '70s, the women of ABBA would not be among the top five."

"I hate to make you uncomfortable," she said, "but if you were forced to make such a list--much as it goes against your moral grain--who would be on it?"

#1: Olivia Newton-John. Tell me about it, stud.


#2: Linda Ronstadt.


#3: Debby Boone.


#4: Marie Osmond.


#5: Susan Dey from The Partridge Family. I'm not sure if she really counts as a singer, but it was between her and Maureen McCormick from The Brady Kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment