Friday, July 18, 2014

BTTF on the Hudson


Samuel and I went to the Hudson River pier at West 70th Street last night for an outdoor screening of "Back to the Future." There were probably 300 people there with blankets and lawn chairs.

We watched from near the front for the first half of the movie, then retreated to the far end of the pier and watched from a table in the food court while enjoying hot dogs and soda.

We've seen it a dozen times. We know all the lines. No surprises.

But it's always nice to see George knock out Biff and win Lorraine's heart, and hear the audience clap.

They are kindred spirits.

I asked Samuel if he still wants a DeLorean.

"Yes." No hesitation.

"Do you want a time machine version, or just a regular DeLorean?"

"Well, if I had a choice I'd get a time machine version, but if I had the chance to have a regular version I'd take it."

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to get you one. I wanted to. I thought I'd be richer in my life at this point."

"That's okay."

"Next life."

"Yep."

And we walked home together with no DeLorean but with warm hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment