Wednesday, May 6, 2015

6:27

I'm not sure I'm ever going to run a faster mile than that for the rest of my life. I just felt like running fast today. Blast from the past.

It's not that my legs won't go faster. I didn't push as hard as I could've. I let up a bit in the final quarter mile. It hurt too much. Who needs that pain in the lungs? And it hurts when you stop. The knees. Walking up the subway stairs the next day. It still hurts two days later.

And for what purpose?

I don't know.

Summer's coming. The weather's nicer. I can go light. It's such a nice feeling when you just wear shorts and a tank top, light shoes, no hat, no gloves. Sunshine. Fastness. The feeling of speed. Tap, tap, tap on the pavement with your running shoes. Like flying. Like being alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment