Camping the weekend before Thanksgiving.
We found a website called Tentrr.com, which lists about a dozen privately-owned single campsites, each outfitted with a standard-issue canvas tent with wood-burning stove and elevated air mattress.
I strongly suspect we were the last campers of 2017.
1. It was c-c-c-cold.
2. We brought Bailey, who loved it.
3. We ate BBQ takeout, then cooked marshmallows (Bailey ate three) and drank hot cocoa under a starry sky.
4. I woke up at 4am to take Bailey out and discovered that our entire campsite was covered in a thin layer of snow. And the stars were even more amazing.
5. It was toasty inside the tent as long as there was wood in the stove and a dog on the bed.
6. It was a perfect crazy November summer adventure.