Sunday, May 6, 2018

Yale class reunion


We jumped in our hot, red, rented convertible and cruised up the Merritt to New Haven, arriving fashionably late for the picnic lunch.



We took our seats at a table of older people, and I introduced her to my classmates.

According to Jo, I'm the hottest guy in my class. FYI.

After lunch we roamed the halls of the business school, noting that every classroom, lounge, and hallway is named for a donor. I suggested that we make a donation in return for naming rights to a room. 

Jo suggested the Todd Tarpley Comfort Station (gift of Todd Tarpley, class of '93).



Here's Jo at the lectern.



"You. In the fifth row. What is the answer?"

"What is the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act."

"Correct. You don't need to phrase it in the form of a question."

We walked around the campus, bought a cap at the bookstore, then hopped in our convertible and headed back to NYC.





Okay, one more shot. Then and Now. Eerie sitting there feeling like I was just sitting in that same spot a few years ago, then pondering all that's happened over the past 25 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment