Tuesday, August 7, 2018

How to Become a Knight


How to Become a Knight is out today.

This is my fifth book. Publisher is Sterling, which is owned by Barnes & Noble, so I'd hoped it would get lots of in-store promotion. However, my editor left mid-project, and the editor who replaced her also left. 

There are five copies spine-out in the A-Z shelves at the Upper West Side B&N, so I'm not optimistic that this is going to be my break-out best seller.

But...you know...it's like complaining that your Porsche has a nick on the bumper. I'm proud of the book, happy that it's in stores.

About six months ago the editor sent me the first galleys and asked me if there was anything I wanted to change.

I thought about it for a couple of days, then said yes: I wanted to change the dedication. My original dedication was 100% sincere at the time, but it no longer felt right.

I have always felt loved, every day of my life, since the day I was born. I never appreciated it more than I have over the past 18 months.

Thanks, Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment