I sat next to a 3-year-old boy on the plane, which normally would be a good thing, except that he kept farting for the entire 6-hour flight.
My first stop--about fifteen minutes after I landed--was Randy's Donuts. I needed to purge my olfactory senses of toddler farts and get things back on a positive note.
I stayed at a restored, Art Deco hotel overlooking the ocean. Restored, Art Deco, and Ocean are three of my favorite words.
Here are the things I loved about it:
1. The entrance.
2. The view on the way to my room.
3. The silk drapes.
4. The ocean view through 75-year-old windows.
5. Art Deco wood flooring and baseboards.
6. Funky crown molding.
7. Polished nickel bathroom fixtures.
9. The open bathroom, so I could take a shower after my run while watching the sunset.
10. The sunset, which made me feel like I was part of an Eagles album cover.
11. The fact that no one could see me naked--unless they had a really good pair of binoculars.
I got to see a hockey game with my sister's family.
Bonus: I got to see my niece Addie do a silly dance.
Happy to be home again...but it was a good trip.