Wednesday, October 23, 2013

California trip

Just got back from a 3-day trip to LA.

I sat next to a 3-year-old boy on the plane, which normally would be a good thing, except that he kept farting for the entire 6-hour flight.

My first stop--about fifteen minutes after I landed--was Randy's Donuts. I needed to purge my olfactory senses of toddler farts and get things back on a positive note.


I stayed at a restored, Art Deco hotel overlooking the ocean. Restored, Art Deco, and Ocean are three of my favorite words.

Here are the things I loved about it:

1. The entrance.


2. The view on the way to my room.



3. The silk drapes.


4. The ocean view through 75-year-old windows.


5. Art Deco wood flooring and baseboards.


6. Funky crown molding.


7. Polished nickel bathroom fixtures.



8. The fact that it was right across from the beach, so I could go for a run before sunset.


9. The open bathroom, so I could take a shower after my run while watching the sunset.


10. The sunset, which made me feel like I was part of an Eagles album cover.


11. The fact that no one could see me naked--unless they had a really good pair of binoculars.


Okay, okay, enough about the damn hotel.

I got to see a hockey game with my sister's family.





Bonus: I got to see my niece Addie do a silly dance.


I picked up 7 donuts on my way back to the airport for the flight home, 5 of which made it to NYC. No farting toddlers on the redeye.

Happy to be home again...but it was a good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment