Sunday, October 18, 2015

Texas Book Festival: Day 2


It was a good day.

Little kids and sunshine and famous authors.

A book store with more than two copies of a Todd Tarpley book on the table.


The "Read-Me-a-Story Tent" was right in the middle of the festival. We had a good crowd for the reading.



And a good line for the signing.



At the end of the day there was a cocktail party, followed by groups of folks heading to various bars. I haven't been much of a bar person since Reagan was in office, so I didn't stay out 'til dawn. But it was a good time, and I got my fill of Diet Cokes.

I still can't figure out how I morphed from Chelsea Handler at age 25 into Mister Rogers at 52. But I am who I am.

Final thoughts...

I'm glad I went. It was an honor to be invited by Little, Brown. I'm thankful to them.

It was great to be around people who write and draw for a living, and around librarians and teachers and kids who like books.

It was...how to say this?

Humbling.

I was Molly Ringwald at the senior kegger.

You know, I like to fancy myself a successful children's author, and I'm happy for the success I've had in the limited time I've been doing it. But I feel like an actor with a few deodorant commercials on my resume who just spent the weekend with Robert DeNiro and Meryl Streep.

Exciting. Gratifying. Definitely humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment