Sunday, October 25, 2015

The weekend's never long enough

Saturday morning storytime at Bank Street Bookstore. 




My experience is that readings have zero impact on book sales in the grand scheme of things, unless you're reading to a packed house at Yankee Stadium. Televised. 

But I do it because:

1. Psychologically it makes me feel like I'm doing something useful to promote the book.

2. It gives me something to post on Facebook and Twitter.

3. I find it helpful to read out loud to little kids and see what they react to. (Hint: mostly silly noises and repetition.) 

4. It's just fun to be with little kids. I think that's the main answer.

The other exciting thing this weekend was our new window boxes, which are now installed on every window on the first floor.



I'm on the board of our co-op, and my big idea this year was to add window boxes to our building so that we don't look so grungy compared to the new multi-million-dollar condos across the street:



Our window boxes are now installed, the flowers (fall mums) will arrive Tuesday, and soon we will be spreading some combination of joy and envy throughout our block.

No comments:

Post a Comment