Monday, June 27, 2011

Lullaby


I just submitted a revised manuscript to my agent for what I hope will be my third children's book. It's called "Can't Wait." It's about how a baby and her parents each can't wait for her to grow up--to sleep through the night, walk, talk, run, go to school, ride a bike--until the parents realize how fast it's actually happening. Then they don't want her to grow up quite so fast--they want to savor every moment!

I've been working on the revisions all weekend. Tonight, down the home stretch at midnight on Sunday night, I put on my headphones and played some music to try and block out all distractions.

Maybe it's just my mood, but Billy Joel's "Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel)" gets my vote for the most beautiful song ever written...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x50ujs_lullabye-billy-joel_music

The best we can aspire to is to leave a little love behind in the hearts of those we've loved most. Of course I say that at 12:40am after I've ignored my wife and kids for most of the weekend and they all went to bed tonight without me.

As for "Can't Wait," it's revised and re-submitted. Cross fingers.

2 comments:

  1. What an inspired idea. Will be waiting to send it to everyone with children, etc.

    ReplyDelete