Sunday, July 5, 2015

The weekend


We rented the only car left in the tri-state area (in Hoboken) and booked a room at the nicest available hotel with an indoor/outdoor pool (Doral Arrowwood in Westchester). Forecast said possible rain, so I wanted to cover our bases.

Good call. Nothing like cool water on your body on a summer day. Lots of little kids with water wings.

Saturday night fireworks in Ridgefield, Connecticut. If I didn't live in NYC I might live in Ridgefield. Quintessential Connecticut town: 4-block Main Street, historic homes, low stone walls lining the roads, and lots of little kids. 


It occurs to me that we didn't take a single picture the entire weekend, which is why my Ridgefield fireworks pic is from 2012. (I have no idea who these people are, but I condone sparklers and ice cream.)

No comments:

Post a Comment