Sunday, June 21, 2009
Father's Day Puppy Road Trip 2009
I still don't know how we did it, but we did it. Samuel, Ethan and I convinced Jennifer that we needed a second dog.
So Samuel and I took a 2-day road trip to Maryland to pick him up. (Jennifer and Ethan, being more car-sick-prone, opted out of the adventure.)
- Giant windmills in Pennsylvania.
- Samuel seeing his first live cows and first live snake.
- Indoor pool at the Best Western in LaVale, MD. Woo-hoo.
- "Back to the Future" on portable DVD player.
- Taco Bell (twice).
- Crossing an old bridge into West Virgina so we could say we visited 5 states (NY, NJ, PA, MD, WV). (Not to mention the old guy we saw at a coffee shop in West Virginia wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a Confederate flag and the words "Git 'er done.")
- Picking up our new puppy, whom we've named Bailey.