Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Top 5 GM Memories


In honor of GM's bankruptcy I'm recounting my top memories involving GM cars.

#5: 1968 Oldsmobile Delta 88

1972: 10-year-old Brad Tarpley (my older brother by 10 months) decides to be like a real big-league baseball player by trying chewing tobacco. Half an hour later he drinks a big glass of grape juice. Fifteen minutes later the whole family piles into our 1968 Oldsmobile Delta 88 for a drive. Brad, my 4-year-old sister April, and I are in the back. Ten minutes later Brad motions frantically to my dad to pull over. My mom and dad don't understand what he is trying to communicate. ("You're holding your breath?") Thirteen seconds later there is purple vomit all over the backseat of the Delta 88. It never quite smells the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment