Thursday, August 13, 2009

Good to be home


I got home from Vegas last night at 2am.

I won a whopping $75 on blackjack and roulette (hint: wait for 3 reds in a row, then bet it all on black). But my luck ran out on the last leg of my trip home, when I was kicked off the connecting flight from DC. I was already on the plane, waiting to take off, when the flight attendant took 2 passengers off the flight because the luggage apparently weighed too much. Of the 50 people on the plane, I was #49 in terms of importance to United, apparently. Is that pathetic or what?

When I finally got home at 2am, tired and a little irritable, I saw a sign on our front door that Samuel had obviously posted:

"Institute of Future Technology. Time Travel Volunteers Needed."

That cheered me up. I'm going to travel back in time and unhook the cargo latch on that plane from DC so that all the luggage falls out somewhere over Baltimore.

It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment